I offer two types of consultancies:
1. Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) for a range of issues including:
- Addictive behaviours (alcohol and nicotine)
- Adjustment difficulties following negative life events (e.g. bereavement, work stress)
- Anxiety (generalised anxiety, social phobia, panic, obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Eating/weight-related problems (binge eating, bulimia, obesity)
- Psychological difficulties related to pregnancy and post-partum
- Somatoform problems (body dysmorphic, chronic fatigue syndrome, hypochondriasis).
Treatment of problems is always tailor-made and I strive to develop individualised understanding of the presenting difficulties and treatment for each client. I am an approved therapist with a number of insurance providers including AVIVA, AXA PPP, BUPA, Cigna, and PruHealth. In most instances I will be prepared to see clients without a referral. However, if a client is registered with a private healthcare insurer and wants to claim the cost of treatment a referral from their GP or a psychiatrist may be necessary in order to cover fees.
2. Health psychology
I have carried out evaluations of various clinical interventions and health services, developed health promotion materials, and acted as a consultant on health and clinical research projects. Some of the clients include: The Royal Borough of Kingston, Lean Team (Channel 4), Rethink Mental Illness, and the Fetal Medicine Foundation.